Er, hang on a minute…

by Suw on December 2, 2003

I thought small, three year old nieces who are ill with a temperature and croaky voice were supposed to sit quietly on the sofa, snoozing or possibly watching appropriately gentle cartoons, not bouncing up and down on my lap whilst I'm trying to work around them, persistently asking 'Why?' to everything I say whilst plastering their sticky fingers all over my monitor.

Obviously I deserve to be roundly and soundly disabused of this fallacious notion, so my niece is probably doing me a favour in the long run.

A visitor December 2, 2003 at 1:54 pm

yntytdi plant yn hyfryd?

ann hysbys

Josh December 2, 2003 at 5:05 pm

I don't care how sick they are…a 3 year old is incapable of sitting still for 30 seconds regardless.

I'm a lot older than your niece and *I* have a hard time sitting still when I'm sick.

Visit me @

Suw December 2, 2003 at 5:44 pm

Ann – ydyn. Merch annwyl ydy hi, yn enwedig pan mae hi'n cysgu. 😉

Josh – yeah, i'm rubbish at being sick too. I just make a terrible patient cos i hate not feeling 100% and get all whiny and moany when i don't feel well.

Josh December 2, 2003 at 6:04 pm

There's a great story on that note about the time my GF at the time and I BOTH got the Norwalk Virus at exactly the same time where either of us doing ANYTHING was an effort. Which is bad when there's only two people in the house.

Visit me @

Josh December 2, 2003 at 6:56 pm

That Last Comment: Director's Cut 🙂

Visit me @

Suw December 2, 2003 at 8:04 pm

Norwalk – is that the one where you're vomiting and having diarrhea at the same time? I had that in July. It's even less fun when you're on you're own, I promise you.

I was suffering bouts of both at least once every 15 mins (thankfully not simultaneously, although at one point i did have a near miss) for six hours solid overnight, and I was so weak i had to crawl between my bed and the bathroom. Eventually i decided that i'd just lay on the floor in the hall between the two, cradling a bin to vomit in, because that was easier.

I rang the doctor's in the morning, and they were no help, so i rang my Dad and he actually drove for over an hour to come and look after me. He had to stay for a couple of days until I was strong enough to travel home and recouperate.

For the relevant blog entries, best to just go to the July archive, start on 3 July with the entry called 'I think I ate a whisk', and go from there.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: