Device for putting holes in book signatures

by Suw on January 27, 2012

Whilst watching this video of John Carrera’s project to reprint the Pictorial Webster’s Dictionary, I spotted that he had a nifty little device for putting holes into his book signatures, making sewing large numbers of books much quicker and easier.

Pictorial Webster's Inspiration to Completion-by John Carrera - YouTube

Does anyone know if it’s possible to buy a jig like this? Is this standard bookbinding gear? Or would I have to find someone to make it for me?

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

John January 27, 2012 at 10:36 pm

It’s standard gear. They had stuff like this at the printers where I did work experience as a student. Contact a (proper) printing press and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: